The Mayors Summit will provide a platform for the 130 Mayors of the Intelligent Cities Challenge (ICC) cities to meet, get inspiration, exchange views, learn and demonstrate political commitment to the ICC.
The meeting will lay the foundations for building strong political leadership across Europe. It will inspire and support city mayors to steer their local economy, communities and society towards the path of sustainable, digital growth and social resilience, by harnessing the promises of advanced technologies.
The specific objectives of the workshop are:
- Outline the policy framework of the Intelligent Cities Challenge in the context of the recovery and why we need to act now
- Showcase political leadership across Europe for the Intelligent Cities Challenge
- Create a community of like-minded politicians who wish to put advanced technologies into practice and develop sustainable growth that benefits society, industry and SMEs
- Provide a community building opportunity amongst ICC members, enhance interaction and improve collaboration between political leaders at regional and local level and provide an opportunity to learn from other cities
- Outline how cities will be supported to act as catalysts for the transition at industry and society-levels
- Show how the European Commission is supporting the local transformation towards an inclusive and sustainable society