Your personal data is processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 2018/1725 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data.
The data controller of the processing operation is the Head of Unit A.1 COSME of the European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency (EISMEA) - EASME-COSME-DP@ec.europa.eu.
The following entities process your personal data on our behalf:
- the contractor: Technopolis Group, WAAT Ltd, BCW, OFCORES - email@example.com,
- its approved third-party authorised subprocessor Mailjet for the purpose mentioned below.
The legal basis for the processing activities is/are:
- Article 5(1)(a) of Regulation EU 2018/1725 because processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest (or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Union institution or body);
- Article 5(1)(d) of Regulation EU 2018/1725 based on your explicit consent for your non-mandatory personal data indicated below whereby the data subject has unambiguously given his or her consent to provide the data necessary for the subscription to the newsletter.
The purposes of this processing are to receive, manage and evaluate applications to the Intelligent Cities Challenge (ICC), to register interested parties to online webinars and any other (online) event organised in the context of ICC, to reply to questions sent through the contact form, to provide a platform for the network of cities and city stakeholders joining the Intelligent Cities Challenge, to deliver ongoing support throughout the initiative in order to provide the interested public with the most relevant information about the functioning of the ICC network, and to manage the subscription to the network's e-mail newsletter and alerts. Via the home page of the website, participants of the Intelligent Cities Challenge can also access the dashboard of the Intelligent Cities Challenge.
The following of your personal data is collected:
- For anyone registering for the Expression of Interest application: first name, name, city, county, role, organisation, email address, IP address
- For anyone registering as part of an ICC City Team, expert or support staff with access to the ICC Dashboard section: first name, last name, city, country, email address, IP address
- For anyone registering to the ICC newsletter: email address, IP address
- For all website visitors : IP address and cookies are gathered to monitor site traffic using Google Analytics
These elements are mandatory for the purposes outlined above and they are necessary for the verification of your data, the establishment of an account and for delivering the services requested (such as the subscription to the newsletter).
The recipients of your personal data will be the EISMEA and Commission staff in charge of the ICC initiative, the contractors above mentioned in charge of the ICC website management and the project dissemination and bodies charged with monitoring or inspection tasks in application of EU law (e.g. internal audits, Court of Auditors, European Anti-fraud Office (OLAF)).
Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries or international organisations.
The processing of your data will not include automated decision-making (such as profiling).
Your personal data will be kept for the duration of the ICC initiative and no longer than 29 May 2025.
You have the right to access your personal data and to request your personal data to be rectified if the data is inaccurate or incomplete; where applicable, you have the right to request restriction or to object to processing, to request a copy or erasure of your personal data held by the data controller. If processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Your request to exercise one of the above rights will be dealt with without undue delay and within one month.
If you have any queries concerning the processing of your personal data, you may address them to the Head of Unit A.1 COSME of the European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency (EISMEA) – via the following e-mail address EASME-COSME-DP@ec.europa.eu.
 Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC (OJ L295/39 of 21.11.2018).
 Act of Establishment: Commission Implementing Decision C(2013/771/EU) of 17 December 2013 establishing the 'Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises' and repealing Decisions 2004/20/EC and 2007/372/EC and Regulation (EU) No 1287/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 December 2013 establishing a Programme for the Competitiveness of Enterprises and small and medium-sized enterprises (COSME) (2014 - 2020).
Version February 2021